Ancient Symbols


A lot of my inspiration comes from the beauty that surrounds me. Having lived on a Cycladic Island for a few years and visiting a few others time and again, I have experienced the incomparable splendour of these islands first hand, and the memories and photographs serve as invaluable inspiration. This pendant is a cast sterling silver ancient Cycladic figure, a replica of Early Cycladic marble figurines, made by a silver/goldsmith with a workshop in Athens (I eventually plan to work in casting as well).
I added it to a handwoven spiral link chain that I made from silver plated brass rings. The spiral is also a Greek symbol for the never-ending circle of life; I thought they made a fitting pair.
This is a very eye-catching but delicate weave and it's actually not static. You need to gently twist it before you put it on. Once you clasp it, it stays perfectly in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment