Quartz Elegance

Did you know that quartz is the second most abundant mineral in the Earth's continental crust? Well, it is. There are many different varieties and colourings; the most valuable is translucent clear quartz. It has been used in jewellery for centuries, and is often also used in sculpture.
In this neck piece I have used three large faceted translucent quartz crystals. The links in the chain are all hand forged, and the clasp is also hand made. Both are silver plated brass - I think I will try my hand at precious metals soon.
I tried this piece on when it was complete, and I didn't want to take it off! The way the natural crystals felt against my skin was incredible; smooth, cool, almost like an ice cube slowly melting... divine!
For those whom are wondering, the shoe is a Vivienne Westwood design.

No comments:

Post a Comment