Copper and Pearls

Ever since I was a little girl I was fascinated by pearls. I remember asking for 'real pearls' for birthdays and Christmas.... That never happened. I did get small simulated pearls once; that's a really nice way to say plastic - or glass. I'm pretty sure the ones I got were plastic. I think I was about 12 or 13.
Two years ago at Christmas, someone very special gave me that dream gift, and I hadn't even asked. They were gorgeous; a stunning full strand of beautiful - and rather large - fresh water pearls. I fell in love with them right away. I wore them to every event over the Holidays, and a few times after New Years, but now they sit in my jewellery box, waiting for a special event, or for me to dress my casual self accordingly to be able to wear them.
Wouldn't it be nice to have 'casual pearls'?

This piece is handmade with fresh water cultured pearls in two different sizes. I've wrapped them with copper wire and added a few copper filigree beads and some solid brass beads. It finishes with a simple copper lobster spring clasp. The matching earrings are also freshwater cultured pearls with brass beads. The ear hooks are handmade from copper.

No comments:

Post a Comment